Android is the most popular smartphone OS in the world. Since its release, sales of smartphones have grown strongly over the years. The vast user base on the Android platform has also attracted various app developers. As a result, there are thousands of free apps on the Google Play Store. Most of these apps display advertisements for monetization.
When you download certain Android apps from the Google Play app store, they sometimes push ads to your smartphone.
Have you ever thought about why ads are shown on your devices?
The main reason the advertisements help developers to sustain and earn their livelihood. A well-optimized ad always helps in conversions and brings a better user experience.
However, the wrong placement and therefore the over-optimization of ads are too annoying. It hampers the overall experience.
Ads are everywhere on a typical Android device. Not only are they annoying, but they’re also used to track you. If you are fed up with the unending advertising, you will be happy to know that blocking ads system-wide is not difficult at all and can be done in a few minutes.
- Download DNS66 app
- Android 5.0+ device needed
- Unknown sources enabled.
You Might Also Be Interested In :
Steps to block Ads on Android System-Wide without Root
- First of all, you need to download the latest version of DNS66 APK on your Android Device. it can’t be downloaded from the Google Play Store
- Once downloaded, tap on the download notification and install the APK. On some devices, you may have to manually browse the downloaded APK using a file explorer to install it.
- Now, just don’t press the Start button, swipe to the Hosts tab.
- Here, you can select the hosts that you’d like ads to be filtered for. We recommend that you simply only set Adaway to block ads and ignore the remainder.
- Once selected, just tap on the Refresh option on the top. If you would like to exclude any app or want to include system apps, then you’ll do so by getting to the Apps tab.
- When you’re ready, go back to the Start tab and hit the big Start button at the bottom.
- From now on, ads will be blocked in all your apps and browser as long as you haven’t excluded them.